Czeched!

Sunday, October 07, 2007

My CV

I had to laugh when I was about to update my CV. My previous and recent job titles are so starkly different I find it very amusing. From Immigration Consultant to Preschool Teacher, life certainly moves in funny ways.

The job titles are just the start. The meaty part is really the job description. My previous job description includes "handles Dumaguete satellite office, supervises two assistants, meets a Php 2M monthly quota, etc." I had to stare at the ceiling for a while with this bewildered look on my face thinking how to add my recent "accomplishments" to my CV.

Should I write that I sometimes have to hold a wad of tissues for my kids at school when they blow their noses because they don´t know how? Should I add that aside from wiping noses, occasionally wiping bums is now added to my repertoire?

Let me digress. I can´t help but share one of my toilet stories; This new kid is four and all the four year old kids at school can wipe their own bums with finesse. This one just refused to do it himself. I don´t know who spoiled him rotten because his parents certainly don´t look like the culprits. Anywho, with the help of a co-teacher we somehow managed to convince him to try and we would help him if he really couldn´t. He awkwardly wiped his bum but then showed us the browned toilet paper after. I told him to just drop it in the bowl but he did it again the second and the third, and even the fourth time he wiped it. The paper was less brown each time but really I didn´t need to see it.

Back to my CV, I guess I just have to do it sans the gory details. I actually don´t miss the fast and furious pace of my so called career back in Cebu. Been there, done that. Now I´m fully in control of my time and work finally feels like a breeze.

Labels: