Czeched!

Friday, May 05, 2006

A walk in the woods

One thing I love about where we live is its close proximity to the biggest woods in the city. We can go nature-tripping anytime especially when it’s warm like these days. There are also ponds which are just 10 minutes away on foot from our flat.








A and I love to feed the ducks and the carps residing here. We usually bring bread for them when we go for a walk around this area. This pond is just across the road leading to the woods. A lot of people come here for a walk.




Nature is alive again now that spring is in full swing. I feel like doing a Maria von Trapp and sing at the top of my lungs “the hills are alive with the sound of music...." Well, you’ll never know how exhilarating a feeling spring gives until you’ll experience a very long winter yourself. I want to say it’s like being reborn but that doesn’t sound so original. Maybe I should say it’s like brushing your teeth after running out of toothpaste for a couple of days on a camping trip. You have the reason to smile brightly at the world again.:)


The dandelions are blooming everywhere. I remember a poem in one of Thich Nhat Hanh’s books which says about a dandelion in a garden making somebody smile. I have that smile everyday now as I see thousands of them just about everywhere I look. I know they wont last long. Soon their beautiful yellow blooms will turn white and the petals will be blown easily by the wind. All the more reason to admire them while they are still here.


Most pictures were taken by A during our walk in the woods last weekend. Spring is definitely my favorite time of the year here. Thank you, Spring, for coming at last.

Labels: