Czeched!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Beautiful, beautiful Prague

There's no denying the fact that I love Prague. It's so picturesque. Everywhere you look your eyes have something to feast on. The castles, the buildings, its narrow and winding streets, and of course, its gardens......To borrow my co-teacher's favorite adjective for the lack of words to perfectly describe them, they are simply phenomenal.

Last week Eva brought us to Vrtbovska garden where we took several photos of the place and of course, ourselves. It's relatively small but nonetheless awesome. It's perfect for a wedding party though God knows how much the rent will be if you'll have it closed for a few hours.



The well-manicured Vrtbovska garden and my dahlengs Lillian and Eva striking a pose.

Petřin Hill is known for its mini Eiffel tower but what I loved most about it when we visited it in summer was its garden with a gazillion multi-colored roses just about everywhere you look. I really had a blast there. Well, it's quite obvious, isn't it? :)

Valdštejnská garden is very near Prague castle. I was so awestruck the first time I visited it that for the life of me I couldn't shut my mouth for a minute. I know I looked every inch a Bisayang nakalugsong but beauty is meant to be enjoyed without inhibitions, right? :)

Another place worth every second of your time is Prague's botanical garden. It has an amazing collection of plants and flowers from everywhere around the globe. I saw a lot of tropical flowers which transported me back to the Philippine islands for a while.

Really you have to come to Prague for the ultimate aesthetic experience of your life.

Labels: