Czeched!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

This week's calendar

Monday: Mamka’s birthday. We gave her this orchid as she didn’t want anything else. She had to work in the afternoon so A and I drove to the cottage in Svatoslav to hunt more mushrooms in the woods. We filled a basket of these hríbků. We arrived back in Prague late in the evening.

Tuesday: Cleaning the flat, washing zillions of clothes, ironing zillions more. Doctor’s appointment in the afternoon to check if I still had the allergies from wheat, barley, rye, etc,etc. A summer thing, it seems. Nobody else in the waiting room except moi. The nurse opened the door and called my name and just assumed I wasn’t the one she was calling for and closed the door again before I could react. Of course, my Asian looks and my Czech name didn’t connect for her. She had to send the doctor to the waiting room to ask what I wanted. Thank God my doctor speaks English. I'm reminded I have to learn Czech.

Wednesday: Back to work. Holiday’s over. The days of getting up at 10am are so faraway now, like a tiny dot in the horizon. No kids yet. Just planning and lots of cleaning. Talk about multi-tasking. Met Mrs. Consul at Palac Flora while killing time. Very friendly one. Yoga with Monica and Lara in the evening.

Thursday: Got a raise. Just a bit but delighted for it. Better than nothing. Finally met Lillian at Eva’s in the afternoon. The darleng prepared meatballs, cakes and pancit for us. Stomachs aching after laughing so much about the myterious and hilarious Enday. Checked-out a flat at Prague 4 in the evening. Nice, relatively spacious—A and I were thinking of taking it.

Friday: Neverending cleaning and rearranging of everything at school. Another flat to see in the evening, this time at Chodov. Much better than the previous but still undecided, as usual.

Saturday: Up early for the picnic at Lillian’s weekend house. Beautiful place, beautiful people (she and husband Jiři). Eating galore. A playing football with Bait. Hiked up to the next town with matching picture-taking with Lillian, Eva, Angie and her daughter Leah all the way and back. A and me falling in love with the place with its river and hills, dreaming of owning a cottage there someday which will probably remain just a dream. Met Sir Felix, another Filipino, a diplomat. A blast of a day.

Sunday: That’s tomorrow. I guess I’ll just stay home the whole day and cuddle with A *wink* in between him meeting his deadline to translate 11 pages 'til Monday and me, well, I don’t exactly know what I will do tomorrow. Maybe laundry or cleaning again. Maybe nothing. We’ll just see.

Labels: ,