Czeched!

Monday, October 15, 2007

The Queen incarnate

Do you believe in reincarnation? I'd like to. The idea of coming back rockin' and rollin' once more is very tempting. I mean, my life hasn't been groovy all the time but it's obviously a good one for me to be tempted to, hypothetically, come back and dance to the tune again. What bugs me is Jesse's line in Before Sunrise; "Fifty thousand years ago, there were not even a million people on the planet. Ten thousand years ago, there was like two million people on the planet. Now, there's between five and six billion people on the planet, right? Now, if we all have our own, like, individual, unique soul, where do we all come from? Are modern souls only a fraction of the original souls?"

This was our topic one morning while me and my other four co-teachers were sitting outside for our kids' playtime. If there's such thing as reincarnation, what would or who would you like to be when you come back? The Aussie wanted to come back as a seal. I bet she had her reasons but I didn't dare ask. The Czech was toying on the idea of coming back as a man. The two Americans were unsure, but one wanted to be a man just for a day, just to know what goes on in a man's head.

Me? I said I would be the Queen, and those who annoyed me to death in this lifetime would be my slaves in the next. It takes time for me to be annoyed these days though, the bonus of growing up or getting old, so I guess my staff wont be that extensive. But if I had the honor to handpick them, they would be:

-people who line up at the grocery express counter at 7pm when I'm starving to death and pay for 2 or 3 rohliky (rolls) with a credit card.
-smokers who are purposely blind, puffing away right next to a disapproving NO SMOKING sign. I can never forgive them for contributing to my future demise and for making me smell like a stale ashtray.
- people who.....I can't think of anyone else anymore. The thought of cigarette smoke makes me mentally constipated right at this instant. I'll get back to this post when I can think straight again.

Sorry, I'm drifting. We were talking about coming back, weren't we? So what or who would you like to be? A said he would probably want to be a tennis player. Oh well, if he would be famous I would definitely work my way out to get hitched with him again.

Labels: