Czeched!

Friday, December 07, 2007

Feeding the world

Hit by a cooking bug is how I am since learning to cook edible meals. I never pictured myself holding a spatula, not even in my wildest dream. So what happened to me? No one, not even myself, actually knows. I only know there's a force within me which drives me to whip, stir, steam, etc, as if I was on a mission to feed the world.

A few days ago a friend now residing in US left me a message on Tagged. I mentioned to her a day before the dinner I hosted for my friends last Monday. "Ug makabalo na diay kuno ka moluto ron?," she incredulously asked in Cebuano. (And you can cook now?) Well, I couldn't blame her for being skeptical. I was known in our circle as someone who couldn't even hardboil an egg. So Mama, below is for your eyes to feast on. To see is to believe, eh? He-he

Upper Left: Cassava cake. I found some grated cassava at the Thai/Asian food shop along Francouska. Upper right: "Bola-bola" is Philippines' answer to meatballs and Czech's "Sekana."
Lower left: "Siopao" or steamed pork dumplings. These are similar to Czech's "ovocne knedle." The difference is we stuff the dumpling with meat, they stuff it with fruits. We steam it. They boil it.
Lower right: The nameless starter. Maybe we can call it M's toast, hehe.

I also cooked fried rice but forgot to take a pic. Chef Lokreng prepared a very yummy tuna pasta enough to feed the entire Praha. Also not pictured are the chocolate muffins I baked. Two ended up in the bin later because the appointed resident pacman, A , couldn't eat them fast enough before they hardened like a rock.

How many were invited again? Only four and a 1/4 people. (Tekla has a 3-month-old baby.) Only three and one-fourth showed up. One was MIA so Mia missed the siopao!:)

Hambugera kaayo noh? hahahaha....

Labels: ,