Czeched!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Radio Ga Ga

I swear the last time I kept hearing Queen's Radio Ga Ga on air was when I was an overweight, runny-nosed kid with a lice-infested head. That was around 20 years ago. Things changed since then. Or so I thought...

Ok, let's get this straight first. I don't have lice - or maybe not yet as kids at school have them- and the flab has gone to a neverheard land. But the moment I arrived in Prague the runny nose is back with a vengeance--- so is the song.

Either the DJ's in this country have just discovered the band's music and can't get enough of it or they simply can't let FM rest in peace, I can only speculate. No offense meant for Queen's fans, especially to FM's memory. I just find it interesting that I hear this song played on air like two or three times a month at the minimum considering that I don't listen to the radio at all. The fact that I sometimes hear it when I'm carefully selecting good-looking tomatoes among the multitude of rotten ones at the grocery, or when someone opens a car door when I'm passing by, or when a must be deaf kid on the metro is playing his iPod close to blowing his eardrums to pieces, could only mean they are playing it all the time.

Another song not spared of this overrating by how often it is played is "I've Had the Time of My Life." Yes, Jennifer Warnes and Bill Medley still have a shining career in CZ. This was one of my favorite classics before but right now it's definitely losing its charm to my ears. I've come to this stage when I feel like I'm about to puke when I hear it. One lesson I learned in life is too much of something is not good for your intestines.

Also notably riding high on the airwaves is "The Final Countdown." Arrghhh.....

So what exactly is my point? Nothing, really. I'm just cursing our internet connection for being such a snail but I couldn't put the words here. It's the one at fault why I couldn't listen to my favorite stations in Cebu. It's so slow that sometimes waiting for the page to load is like waiting for eternity to end. I so miss Y101. Until we get rid of this turtle or snail or sloth connection and switch to broadband, I'm doomed to a life of radios going gaga.

Labels: