Czeched!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Saying thanks

I'm having a mental constipation. I want to write about something other than my mundane day to day life but the words just don't come out. Some other time maybe. Anyway, I have an excuse to write about me, myself, and I again today as it is no ordinary day.

It's my birthday. I'm thirty-two going on sixteen. Yes, I do sometimes forget I'm supposed to act my age but c'mon, life is too short for me to take it too seriously.

My parents-in-law called last night to sing Happy Birthday to me in Czech. Mamka was the soprano and Tatka the alto. When I woke up this morning a gift was under our Christmas tree. A obviously put it there last night when I was snoring my last younger day away. One of my co-teachers took time making a birthday card behind my back for others to sign and wish me well. Our kids gave me a lovely surprise when they suddenly encircled me and started singing the immortal birthday song. How sweet can they all get? I'm extremely grateful for these gestures of showing they care.

So I'm saying thanks for everything-- big and small-- that I have in my life...

... for another year and another Christmas that will soon be here
... for my family whose imperfections can never be at par with their greatness
... for A , who must have done something horrible in his previous life for him to be (un)happily hitched with me now :)
... for having wealth in what matters to me most-- family, friends, love and life

And if a few of my wishes could be granted, I would want them to be...

... good health to people that are dear to me
... Eva's Dad to live several years more so he can experience what she's been wanting for him to experience in life
... the same blessings A and I received this year

and of course,

... world peace.

Labels: