Czeched!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Life for rent

Tonight as I was on my way home from school, a small accident happened. I was sitting on a bus looking at the window when out of my peripheral vision I saw a big man coming to sit next to me. He was desperately trying to balance his way as the handrails were plastered with people when the driver hit the brakes so suddenly and sent what must be close to two hundred pounds of a man to come slamming all his weight on to my face so hard my world went blank for a second. The back of my head made a loud crack as it hit the back of the chair I was sitting on. I literally saw stars. Hundreds of them.

I was still reeling from the impact when I got off the bus. I carefully crossed the street with three other people when a loony driver marginally missed us. I know he already saw us from the distance but didn't even bother braking, much less slowing down.

This world is swarming with idiots.

When I related the whole thing to A, it was only when I realized I could have been in serious trouble if I was an inch taller or if I wasn't slouching on my seat. It could have been my nape which hit the back of the chair. Also, I could have been hit by that darn car if I was a bit slower and it was a way faster.

Surprisingly, I am unscathed from the incident except for a light bruise on my left cheek. I'm still alive! I can't help to think life is like something for rent. The only difference is you'll never know when your contract expires. Mine is obviously still valid but I have no idea for how long. I only know I intend to have a rockin' life til my bones break and I can rock no more.

Labels: ,