Czeched!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Words that brought them here

It's amusing how people stumbled upon my blog. Some by accident, some on purpose. Here are some key words that brought them here to have a peek:

1. Zara- I wonder if there's any Zara outlet in China. Several searchers came from this country. There must be considering that 99.9% of clothings distributed worldwide are manufactured there. It's everywhere here. I'm a fan of this store because it's one of the few which has my size but I'm not gaga over its price tags. Most of the time I only go in when there's a bold, colored SALE written outside.

2. Fifa fever- Korea tops the list where people drop by searching for a cure. Let me digress for a sec-- A's British officemate once said that he could sum up PI in three words; basketball, jeepney, and karaoke. It's not fair because there's more to a country than what meets the eye, but if I also had to sum up CZ in three or four words, it would be beer, fattening meals, and of course, football. CZ is definitely a football country.

3. Prague- what to wear in June - Americans are quite fashion conscious. Geez, my fashionista days were over the moment I became a preschool teacher. I'll try to give an advice though, unsolicited as it is... June is usually warm, can even be blisteringly hot but one has to consider the fact that Prague's weather is as unpredictable as a PMS-ing woman. A jacket and a sweater are a must-have. They always come in handy. For footwear, flip-flops wont go wrong in warm weather. Please leave your heeled shoes at home. You do a lot of walking here so better bring in your flats.

4. English teaching jobs in Prague - searchers come from different countries. If you're a native speaker, rest assured that there's a job waiting for you. Learning English is like a national obsession so the demand for English teachers is soaring every year, not to mention that Prague is a transient city. Teachers come and go -- there's always a room for another experienced one or a teacher wannabe here. Having a TEFL certificate is a plus.

These links can be very helpful:

www.monster.cz
http://www.expats.cz/prague/f-22.html

I found my job at www.praguepost.cz. I don't have a TEFL certificate and I didn't have a teaching experience. Though English is one of the official languages of P.I., it's not my mother tongue. I just got lucky maybe. Then again, they are luckier they got me. :)

Labels: