Czeched!

Monday, July 02, 2007

Blogging still

Right, I'm still blogging, and obviously, still rambling. I'm just killing time before we hit the road for Vienna very early tomorrow morning. The past few weeks were like crouching time for me, not having a single minute to just chill and not think about something. Last weekend was something different. Finally the good times are here again. :)

Last Friday was Tatka's birthday but we celebrated it during the weekend when everybody could be at their cottage. Our main treat for him was a ride on a glider, something which he once mentioned to Miša, my sister-in-law, as what he wanted to try. So yesterday, off we went to a town called Křižanov to fulfill one of his dreams.

Tatka with the pilot orienting him the glider's gadgets. The gliders looked like big toys and the controls didn't look complicated at all. I told A I don't want a car. I want one of these instead. Yeah right, dream on, Maria.
Donning on the chute. I got a little envious at these people, the pilots and everyone there. They get to earn a lot while enjoying doing what they love most-- flying.

And this is the "mini-plane" that will pull them up and would leave them gliding there. It's up to you how long you will fly. Tatka "glided" for almost an hour and he said it was fantastic. He saw a lot of towns, even saw the village where their cottage is. I will definitely try it when we get back from P.I.

Please log in to http://www.lkka.cz/en/about.html if you're interested. When Miša called there they told her to just come. The planes and gliders will be ready. We went there yesterday, a Sunday, and we thought we would be the only ones around. How wrong we were. It was quite busy there but we didn't have to wait long for Tatka's turn.

She was also told that it will be 800Kč/20 mins. Tatka flew for more or less 50 mins and we only paid 1200 Kč. A lot cheaper than we thought. So in August, glider, here we come!

Labels: