Czeched!

Saturday, May 26, 2007

The week in photos

I was in a spring camp with 23 kids. I thought I'd lose my mind being surrounded with them 24/7. I was totally exhilarated when I got off the bus which took us back to Prague this morning. Finally, I have my life back.

This is where I lived for a week, from May 19-25. The place is called Pilnuv Statek, which is in a town called Libice nad Doubravou.

We missed the dandelions because they bloomed too early this year, but the daisies were a delight for everyone. We picked a lot and used them for some potpourri we made for my kids' Moms.
You think life is uncomplicated for her. Not when she thinks she doesn't cycle too fast to catch up with the rest of her friends, and not when her friends tell her she's right. Nevermind, she bounced back and won the race in the end.

A trip to Vesely Kopec on Thursday broke the routine. It's an open-air museum that is worth a visit. We took a 5km hike from this place to catch the bus that would take us back to the camp. It was probably the best day of the camp for me.


Didn't I tell you before that I'm a terrible tourist? I don't know what this building is. It's right in the middle of Libice n/D, across the restaurant where we ate everyday. I didn't see a single soul going inside the building so I don't know if it's abandoned or used for tourism, but it surely looked interesting.



I'm not kidding- this WC really exists and it's behind the place where we were staying. I took a double take when I saw it-- I thought I was in a remote barrio in PI. When we went cycling the first day one kid told me he had to go wee. I told him to run back to the house for the bathroom. Guess what he said? "But that is a toilet," pointing to this version of WC and ran to do his business inside.


My boss thought the place we were staying was probably a graveyard years back because of the trees lined like a pathway leading to the church at the other end. Whatever, I really loved it when we did our lessons under these trees.

This photo will never win any prize but it will always remind me of my last night at the camp. I took this past 8pm when my kids were already in bed. I never thought I'd survive it there because I didn't last year. I've never felt such an extreme desire for the night to be over so I can be back home at last.

Labels: ,