Czeched!

Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy buys

Do you buy on impulse? I don't. When I like something I have to think whether I need it or not and most of the time I'd end up exiting the shops empty-handed. I'm such a cheapskate especially on clothes but I admit there are some things I splurge on: plants, housewares, food, and travel.

This week A and I splurged on these:

Calamansi - I've been salivating over this plant since Daisy discovered it being sold here. The flowershop at Chodov had it for 780kc a few weeks ago. OBI-Europark had it for 600 something. Daisy said she bought hers from OBI near our previous flat for just over 300 so I was crossing my fingers to find one at a reasonable price. Ta-dan, a visit to Hornbach (Cerny Most) last Sunday made me happy. They were selling it at 450kc/plant (x 2.3 in pesos). I already picked one fruit for my marinade last night. The marinated porkchop was so yummy A gobbled everything to my delight.

Tea pot and mugs- Okay, okay, I bought these on impulse during our trip to Vesely Kopec with the kids last Thursday, but they look so nice I couldn't help myself. The owner of the shop talked animatedly to me in Czech. When I told him I don't speak Czech he exclaimed "Ah, Japonka?" Ne, Filipinka. "Ah Filipiny! Krasna, krasna Filipinka." I'm sure he was just pulling my leg because I shelled out so much at his shop.

This one will probably be our greatest spending binge this year-- our Philippine trip! We bought our tickets today. I haven't flown for over two years so when we were given just a printout of our itinerary, I was like "Where are the tickets?" I had to send Grace a message and called Eva to ask if this is how it's done now. Pagka way glamour uy! Bisaya kaayo. Apparently, flying is paperless these days. Anyway, I'lll finally be back in P.I. in a month. I'll soak in the sights, sounds and tastes of PI for 37 days! I think I'll be fat when I come back, but who cares?

Labels: