Czeched!

Friday, October 19, 2007

Adieu to summer...and fall?

It's Friday! Fridays are the best days of the year. They were so insignificant to me for five years in Cebu because I didn't have to follow usual office hours then. I couldn't relate to The Cure's song. Now it's the one going on and on in my head the moment dusk settles in on Thursdays.

What's so exciting about this weekend is we are just going to stay at home and do nothing. No shopping for furniture at Europark or Ikea. No friends to come over from Brno like last weekend. No long train ride to Tisnov to visit the family. Don't get me wrong though. I like hanging out with these friends and of course, it's given that I love the family. You just need to be a couch potato sometimes especially on cold days like this weekend.

It's mid October and it's already 1 to 8 C in Prague. This morning I had to don my long coat and knee-high winter boots to fight off the cold. Last year October was so warm I remember I was wearing flip-flops at this time. Fall is supposed to be the season in between summer and winter, meaning it shouldn't be too warm or too cold. Mother Nature must be menopausing for her to have hormonal imbalances and I'm afraid we are the delinquent children to blame.

So I'll be a potato for the weekend. What will you be? A carrot?

Labels: