Czeched!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

What to cook?

This Monday I'll be cooking for four people from different countries. My four co-teachers are coming to our flat for dinner and they requested me to prepare an all-Filipino/Oriental meal. This, plus the fact that two of them are trying to eat only healthy food, makes me virtually hyperventilate. What in the world am I going to prepare?

One of them is craving for glass noodles. That means cooking "bihon" is a done deal. The others said they will eat anything I prepare, which even makes it difficult to narrow down the list. One thing that's sure is they will appreciate to have a healthy meal on their plate.

This drove me to experiment in the kitchen last night. Adobo is the "national dish" in PI. Everyone eats or cooks it, but it is mainly meat and spices. I wanted something with veggies in it. What about adding veggies in adobo? Now that's an idea! I immediately raided our fridge and found carrots, beans and broccoli. The result?

Adobo with a twist! Having basmati rice to go with it was perfect. To cook or not to cook this on Monday? Hay, kakapoy baya....

Labels: