Czeched!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Golf Club Konopiště

I'm just killing time before I'd head to the school where a bus will pick us up for the camp. Oh the camp... I'm dreading it and can't wait to be done with it.

Anywho...

I've agonized for a while thinking the right gift for A as it was his birthday last Sunday. Then I remembered he wanted to try driving. He's been translating this monthly golf magazine for CZ subscribers that he knows all about golf theories than you could ever imagine. So it wasn't a surprise when he wanted to put the theories in action.

Golf is "for the rich" here. The golf clubs are mostly for members only but we (my co-teacher helped me) were able to find a few that welcome beginners. Among them is Golf Club Konopiště. It's about 50 km away from Prague and is very near Konopiště Castle.

To learn about Golf Club Konopiště, visit http://www.gcko.cz/. You can set for an appointment with a trainer if you want to play it right from the start. That's what I did. I called them and they gave me the mobile number of one of their trainers. The fee is 600 kč/ 30 minutes. The first lesson usually lasts for an hour. The fee already covers for a club, balls and of course, the use of the driving range.

A liked it. I think he'll be good at it. He was already hitting between 70- 100 m when it was just his first time. Me? I think I'll pass. I tried it back in Cebu but I was terrible, a consequence for not really having the heart for it.

Labels: