Czeched!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring thing

Spring isn't my favorite season anymore. With the buds blooming, it means nonstop sneezing for me. I'm allergic to virtually everything that blooms in CZ. Usually the torture would start in late spring and ends mid-summer, but obviously not this year. As early as now my nose already feels like it will fall apart soon from constant blowing, and my eyes? Oh, I look stoned, courtesy of myself constantly rubbing them.

This means I need to pop in my doctor's clinic soon. When I came to see her for the first time, she rubbed liquids on my arm to determine what I'm allergic to. Out of probably 15 samples, 12 turned red! The three non-reactive musketeers were dust, molds and cats. The ones I remember which my skin really had violent reactions from were wheat, rye and barley, even feathers.

Well, we don't grow wheat in Cebu or Surigao, do we?

As for dust, we breathe them all the time in Cebu. Molds sounds gross but well, my immune system is apparently cool with them.

And I love cats, hands down.

Spring allergies can be really bothersome. So now I'm allergic to spring as well. I've decided my most favorite season is- what else- summer!