Czeched!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Faces and places

My childhood friend Che now lives in Kidapawan. Two other childhood friends in these photos, Emyat and Jen, live, well I don't really know which one is what they consider home now-- in Cebu or Surigao or ferrying between both. These were taken a week ago, one in Davao, at a hot and cold spring right at the foot of Mt. Apo and the other at Che's place in Kidapawan. I heard Che sent the other two girls some dough for the round trip airfare just so they couldn't refuse to visit her there for a week or two. It's not fair, she should have summoned me that way, too.



Ah, natural mudpack and sauna in Davao, durian eating frenzy in Kidapawan while I despair almost every morning in Prague over this darn cold weather. I take my revenge to a positive level by selling these girls online to the highest bidder. Che, (who's almost entirely covered with mud) is already hitched and therefore unavailable but if the offer is right she "might reconsider." Her words not mine. The other two are free as a bird. They might (pretend to be) be unwilling participants of this bidding but what the heck, I don't think they read my blog anyway he-he.

Now I wanna digress for a while... This morning one of my co-teachers was checking his horoscope on a local newspaper with the help of another co-teacher who speaks Czech. I've always been a skeptic when it comes to horoscopes but just for fun I asked them what's in-store for Sagittarius today.

"Sagittarius: you are now having a very healthy social life, you will socialize a lot this weekend, your health is better than before and you have finally arrived at where you wanted to be..."

Hmm...let's focus on the socilizing part, shall we? I have to say that whoever concocted that entry must have guessed it right that my social life is indeed better than last year. Just one lucky guess for just one of many millions of Sagis though, the skeptic of me says. Anyway, this afternoon we had another party at Lillian's. Just this week I met two other Filipinas who are relatively new in Prague. I met Daisy last Tuesday also at Lillian's. She happens to live very near our flat and she speaks Bisaya! Hay nakakita na jud kog laing Bisayang dako diri. Then this afternoon I met Grace who is from Manila but who also speaks Bisaya fluently! Like me and Lillian, she works as an English teacher here. Aside from teaching maybe Grace should also consider working as a comedienne. She's so hilarious my stomach ached from laughing too much. Her tales of her promdi experiences in Zurich are a cure for any problem because you just can't help but laugh aloud when you listen to them.

Tales, tales of woe, laughter, are trademarks of Filipino parties. And of course, food! If the Czechs are into drinking when they party, we are into eating. Eva brought her mouth-watering leche flan, Daisy took out a pack of dried squid, and Lillian cooked her famous pancit and springrolls and baked a yummy banana cake. It was such a great, and I mean great, party.

But darn, I forgot to take photos!

Labels: ,