Czeched!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Currently obsessed with Couscous

I can't get Ikea's Couscous off my mind. This is the only reason why I haven't totally shunned this store after all the heavy lifting marathon we had the first time we were there. I just love eating at their restaurant. Their couscous with veggies is exceptional. It's so yummy and also affordable it makes me want to dash off there all the time. Fat chance, the store is so far from the center you have to have super cravings like mine to spend hours in transit just to eat.

So I tried to cook my own versions but they didn't come close to tasting like Ikea's. The first time I did, it came so dry it tasted like sand. My co-teacher then told me to mix it with a bit of white plain yoghurt but when I did, it came out too gooey. Not the one to give up easily, I searched the net and came across a different recipe. This time I put too much paprika that I couldn't eat more than a few small bites. This means that my neverending quest for the perfect couscous recipe will have to be put on hold till our kitchen unit is installed in our new flat, then I can drag my co-teacher to show me how to do it right.

This was the lunch I prepared which ended up in the bin. I didn't go easy on paprika it tasted like a bunch of raw chillies. The recipe I found said to just dump all the veggies you like so I put corn, peas, tomatoes, broccoli, and carrots along with garlic, cumin powder and of course, the culprit why it ended in the bin-- paprika. Better luck next time.


My current obsession is this--Ikea's Couscous with vegetables. It's so tasty I am itching to know what the secret is. Ikea is located at Cerny Most, an hour of metro ride from where we live. We were there yesterday to shop for a kitchen unit and of course, for me to eat this dish. It costs 45kc a serving but this one is kids' serving so I only had to pay 25kc. Yeah, you read it right. Just 25kc.

Labels: ,