Czeched!

Monday, July 02, 2007

Banana bread

Sorry for the same pic, people. This is my in-law's computer so I don't have access to our picture files. Anyway, I've been itching to post Anne's banana bread recipe so I wont have to carry the paper where I wrote it all the time.

I've always loved banana bread. When I was still living in Cebu, I used to finish my usually unhealthy meal with a slice of it. I thought I'd never be able to bake one myself because before the mere thought of holding a spatula scared the living daylights out of me. Of course I was wrong. It's actually a very easy food to prepare. And when I say easy, trust me, it's really easy. :)

BANANA BREAD

-1 cup mashed bananas ( about 3 bananas. Best to let them sit for a week till the skin turns really brown. That makes them a lot sweeter.)
-1 3/4 cup flour
-3 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. salt
-2/3 cup of sugar
-1/3 cup butter (softened at room temp. or microwave-melted. It doesn't matter but I prefer it melted. It's faster.)
-2 eggs

Pre-heat oven at 175C. Beat eggs, butter and bananas. Mix dry ingredients. Bake for around 45 minutes or when the skewer ( or you can use a toothpick. A clean one, of course,hehe) comes out clean.

Labels: