Czeched!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Massaged for free!

One of the few perks I enjoyed in Cebu before I moved to Prague was my monthly visit to Ruiz Derma and Spa. After a month of nonstop travelling around the country, I often looked forward to a day of body scrub, sauna, manicure-pedicure-- the works. You name what that spa had to offer, I had it. I even had a "brazilian" several times just for the heck of it. Ha!

Getting pampered this way in Praha means you're totally loaded or you are going to burn some seriours cash. I never entertained the idea for obvious reasons. It was a great surprise when Lillian and Daisy decided to give me for my birthday an hour's session of whole body massage at this classy Thai wellness club where Lillian works. It was only yesterday when I went to enjoy the gift as we couldn't squeeze it in our crazy schedules last month.

This wellness club is actually one of the amenities Ambassador Hotel offers. It's right smack in the center of the city where shops, hotels and restaurants are expensive. The moment you enter inside, you'll forget you're in the heart of Europe. The interior is all-Oriental, the furnitures were carefully chosen to give the place an authentic Asian look. The smell of incense and scented candles made me giddy with excitement.

My masseuse was a Thai named Kat. She was excellent. I was actually tensed at first because I'm ticklish on my knees. Anything But The Knees, this would have been my band's name if I had one, haha! I think she felt how tensed I was but I eventually relaxed-- and dozed off! It was only when I heard a voice from faraway telling me to turn over that I woke up. It was soooooo good, especially the shoulder part. I was like, hmm this is heaven. But the trip to heaven ended after an hour.

Too relaxed, I was completely useless afterwards. I thought I was ready to go outside with Lillian to eat somewhere when I noticed I didn't zip up my boots. Then when I was on my way home and wanted to call A, I actually dialed Lillian's number and got confused when she answered the call. I was like-- wait, you're at my place? It was a relief to get home unscathed. I zonked to oblivion until 9am the next day.

Thanks again to the sponsors. Can't wait for another birthday. Maybe I'll get another massage for free again? :)

Labels: