Czeched!

Monday, June 02, 2008

Purely random

I'm back! I'm amazed at how I survived the previous week unscathed.

Last night, I watched KC Concepcion's "Mansyon" on YouTube. It wasn't the story or the acting that made me glued on my seat for a while. It was her prettiness. She's like a breath of fresh air. Then halfway through the episode I switched to watching music videos. Tearjerkers are not my thing anymore.

Almost half an hour of watching music vids I noticed I was stuck on the 90's hits. I don't know about you but I think it was the era of great music, at least till 1997. There was Paula Cole, Shawn Colvin, and who could forget Jewel? Then came Britney.

Yeah, this entry is purely random. I guess I keep on writing, not so much from having so many things to share, but from the paranoia that I'm losing my English.

At the camp I shared this to my co-teachers and they, too, have exactly the same sentiments. The Brazilian-American, raised in America almost all her life, couldn't remember the word splinter. She also said " I don't see" and couldn't believe she just said that. Me, it took me almost five minutes to remember the word "convenient." Oh, for crying out loud!

Can someone be really fluent in several languages? I certainly start to doubt. Trying to learn Czech for me means losing my Tagalog and unfortunately, my English is declining as well. The Finnish co-teacher said she lost her Swedish and French already, and that she is starting to speak Finnish with an English accent. Talk about Jill of several languages, master of none.

Today, the nurse at my doctor's clinic was annoyed that I still don't speak Czech. "She's been here three years and she still doesn't speak Czech?" So sue me. There's a time for everything, Czech included. For now, just let me be without it.

Labels: ,