Czeched!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

One fine day in Prague

We went rowing in Vltava one fine summer day here in Prague. I think it was two weekends ago when A and I decided to play tourists.

New teachers at school would often come to ask me about the best places in town to wine and dine, to explore, to visit. Most often than not they come out empty-handed. You tend to ignore what the place offers when you live there. Such was, and I'm afraid still is, how it is with me and Prague.

You can find lots of boats (row) for rent especially near Charles Bridge. They are for 150kč/ hour. A warm day on a weekend usually means waiting for a while for one to be available. Now when it seems fall has come to kick the summer out, you probably wont have to wait at all.



Our conversation was just me asking where we were going. A said "to Karlovy Lazne," which is a popular discoteque in Prague. It's one of the buildings before (from the Old Town) Charles Bridge.

Sometimes I stop in my tracks when I walk in Prague's center. I still get amazed at how picturesque this city is, but I'm also guilty of ignoring its beauty now and then.

Labels: