Czeched!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I need a personal shopper!

I'll have one maybe only in my dreams because I could not or probably could never afford one in reality. If there was one thing that I really hate doing, it’s shopping. I’m not trying to be cute or to be different from the rest of the female populace. I just hate it with a passion. I'm the kind who wants to get things done right away and to spend so much time looking for something that in the end would nowhere to be found is a sure way to ruin my day.

Last year I had to scour several stores for a pair of winter boots. The quest for the ultimate pair lasted several weeks. When I'm in dire need for something but have no patience to go through the painstaking way of looking for it, things mostly end up in disaster. One example to this is the pair which I ended up buying last year. There was actually nothing wrong with it except that the moment I wore it to school the next day I realized I didn't like it at all.

This year I told myself I had to stretch my patience a bit. Then again it was impossible especially after spending hours and hours trying on several pairs and still nothing struck me as something like "this is it." The thing is I went straight to Andel after work when all I wanted was to zonk out. I probably wouldn't bitch about the time wasted if only I had the luxury of time itself.

To make the saga of shopping short, I finally found one pair I like last week. I just hope I wouldn't change my mind about it soon. God knows how much calories I burned walking to and fro Centrum Chodov only to again realize I don't like it at all.



Left: a disastrous buy last year. I find them too big, too "manly." Right: hopefully I will still like them till end of winter this year. :)

Really, to the shopaholics out there, why do you like shopping? Calling Becky Bloomwood.... answer me, please.

Labels: