Czeched!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Another salad on the table

Yesterday I came home from work inspired to make vegetable salad for dinner. This time I didn't want another straight from the bottle dressing. I wanted some chicken strips mixed with the veggies so I rummaged through a few unpacked bags, searching for the powder mix that does the trick. I was experimenting with chicken recipes several weeks back and this one, without so much in it but a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of powder mix, is definitely a keeper. Yup, I finally didn't care about greasing the bathroom sink with a dirty pan. The delicious smell of the chicken circulating the flat was certainly worth it.


In case you didn't get it yet, this is purely my own chicken recipe. Mine, got that? :) It isn't really worth bragging about because it's so easy. Just cut the meat in strips and season it with salt and this Gyros Kotanyi mix. Stir fry in vegetable oil, add half cup of water when meat is brown, and cover for a few minutes, occasionally stirring it. It's ready to serve with your salad when water is mostly absorbed by the meat. Adding nuts such as cashew or almonds to it is optional but recommended.

Dobrou chut!

Labels: