Czeched!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Same clothes

In PI, wearing the same clothes the next day is a crime. It makes us assume you didn't take a shower in the morning (another crime) or got drunk the night before and went straight to work in the same clothes, therefore committing two crimes in one day beyond a shadow of a doubt. We are a country obssessed with personal hygiene.

So it's been my observation that it's not the same case here in Czech Rep. When one co-worker showed up the next day in exactly the same outfit, I assumed she would recite a litany of excuses. She didn't. Then I noticed another Czech co worker doing the same pattern. This leads me to assume this is the norm here.

Of course I'm just assuming. I could be wrong. And even if I'm right, there's actually nothing wrong with wearing the same clothes. It's one's prerogative. Just as long as you wont pollute the air you and I will co-exist in peace.

Labels: