Czeched!

Monday, June 09, 2008

Summer scare

I say summer is absolutely, hands down, without any doubt, my favorite season. I like spring, too. After the gloom of winter, it's like a manna from heaven...but the allergies it gives me are certainly not. I love autumn, the combination of romance and melancholia it gives in the air, but I dread the coming of the winter so that spoils autumn for me. So yeah, the time of flip-flops and super light clothing is what I look forward to every year. Not to mention that summer also means a two-month paid holiday for me.

But there's one thing about summer that I so dread. It's not the burning sun, no matter how many freckles it adds on my face, SPF 100 notwithstanding. It's not the suffocating heat even if it reaches 40C. It's.... drums rolling.... the attack of smelly armpits.

Seriously, they smell. By "they" I mean those people here who have a terrible falling out with the innocent shower.

I'm not generalizing. Some do smell good no matter what time of the year it is. Thing is, a lot of the shower haters occupy those little space in the metro and trams that you'd rather share with the shower lovers. When I'm unfortunate enough to be in this situation, I often hold my breath until I'm about to pass out from the lack of oxygen.

Shower haters are one thing, Poison/ Eternity/ Boss lovers are another. Combine these two and you'll get one formidable smell that doesn't just make you sneeze but will surely give you a splitting migraine that lasts till the end of summer.

How can you possibly not love to take a shower? Or to bathe? Fine, maybe you don't have to do it everyday like I do, but seriously, what is there not to like about soap and water? They wont kill you, and the more you stay away from them, chances are, you'll soon kill the person standing next to you.

Labels: