Czeched!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Satisfying cravings

There's a time of the month when I'm a Pacman personified. I eat everything edible that comes my way. Not only that, I have cravings that have to be satisfied otherwise my crazy hormones would make me go ballistic and all the more unreasonable.

Last week on V-Day I wanted to eat something Mexican as if my life depended on it. A and I had a very important appointment in the evening so we decided to have a lunch date instead of an almost required romantic dinner to celebrate the day. He checked the internet for listings of Mexican restaurants in Prague.

"Cantina" is located at Ujezd in Mala Strana. It's a tram stop before Helichova where most Filipinos go to church on Sundays. My mind was running wild on what to eat; enchiladas, nachos, tortillas, quesadillas, the list went on and on. I finally settled on grilled chicken enchilada with cheese toppings and goodness, it was sooo yummy. I was gobbling it 'til I was so stuffed I couldn't eat a single bite anymore.

Yummy food, cozy ambiance and a craving satisfied. The biggest bonus was when we had to pay the bill and realized it wasn't at all expensive than we expected. Cantina is really worth visiting a second and maybe several times around.

Labels: