Czeched!

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Flying the EU style

This year has been a series of dizzying events such as buying a flat, furnishing it, and getting ready for our Philippine trip in July. I've been dreaming of this trip since I got here but now that it's getting closer, I suddenly wish it would be in a few months yet to give me time to pack and buy "pasalubongs." I haven't bought a single gift for my family and friends. I just couldn't find the time and the energy for it.

My sister said to just bring tons of chocolates and that would be enough for everyone. Ok, no problem with me. Chocolates are relatively cheap here. Then again, how many boxes are we allowed to carry? Are we even allowed to carry them onboard? I haven't flown for two years and I know a new set of airport regulations was implemented in all EU countries last year. I decided to check it out.

WTH, not much liquid allowed onboard?! Not only water and softdrinks but even creams, toothpaste, gels, and lipgloss are subject to security check. But I can't be parted from my overused and abused sparkly Maybelline! The EU regulations state that you better put these items you think you need in a resealable transparent bag or you'll lose them. "Bag them or lose them" is their mantra.

Then the hand luggage is down to one teeny tiny 56x45x25 cm. bag. I haven't measured my bag yet which I carried onboard from PI two years ago, but I have this nagging feeling that it's too big. And it's not even big, mind you! Another thing is if you carry a shoulder bag, that's already considered your hand luggage, so no more extra one for you. Excellent. Exactly what I need. *sarcasm activated on*

They didn't say anything about chocolates though. My only concern now is if they wont melt considering we will take the flight from Vienna. To quote my sister in verbatim: "Nevermind if they melt. We'll spoon them up." Oh, okay.

Back to the new EU airport regulations, you can read about it here. I hope we wont experience a long waiting time. When we will be at Vienna airport, I just can't wait to be back in Cebu again-- see the familiar sights and hear the familiar sounds.

Labels: ,