Czeched!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Crazy about Safir

These days I'm crazy thinking I might have hyperthyroidism. I'm taking a daily dose of Letrox because for some reasons my thyroid glands went ballistic when I moved to Prague. The last time I visited my doctor she said I'm perfectly fine. Just that I wonder how can I eat so much and not gain weight? Sure I have an ongoing love affair with the bathroom. Everything I eat wont stay more than 24 hours in my stomach, but is it normal to eat almost a loaf of bread just for breakfast and still look like a twig? Not that I am complaining. Just wondering, wondering if my insomnia is somehow connected to my not gaining weight despite being a pacman personified, and that these could be symptoms of something else.

Oh well, wonderings will get me nowhere. I'll visit my doctor in less than a month so we'll see.

On to a lighter side, to my most favorite topic-- food. This fastfood is one of my favorites in Prague. It's fastfood without the grease, a rarity in this world. It's at Novy Smichov mall in Anděl. I go there almost every week, even if we live at the other side of Prague. I love their Falafel with Humous or just the Pita falafel with salad in it. Can't get enough of them. When you're in Prague and ready to try another cuisine, do visit this place.

SAFIR-- located inside Novy Smichov mall in Andel has Lebanese food that will make you crave for more. If you're a vegetarian or a vegetarian wannabe like me, try their Falafel with humous and pickles. It's worth every crowns you pay. If you're a meat lover, try their grilled chicken with shredded carrots and cabbage, or "Daut Kabsa" something, or "Okra," or....oh, I'm hungry already.

Labels: