Czeched!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

A hell of a match

You missed a huge deal of great tennis if you failed to see the match between Roger Federer and Janko Tipsarevic at the Australian Open yesterday. The Serb was playing exceptionally well that for a while I thought Federer had to prematurely leave Melbourne. Federer held on and won but with great difficulty I must say.

The match was so thrilling I wonder how the families and friends of tennis stars can watch matches like these without experiencing a bout of diarrhea. As for these two, Federer and Tipsarevic, I wonder how they stay composed all throughout the game. I can well relate to Mary Pierce. I'd be a nervous wreck,too, if I'd be in situations like this. I don't blame her for losing so many matches that she could have easily won.

Click on the video to see Federer's latest glorious moment.



I have no doubt the last 15 players were rooting for the Serb to win. If he eliminated Federer, each would have the chance of winning the first Grand Slam of the year. Fat chance, guys. He doesn't seem ready to relinguish his crown yet. Oh well, let's see next week.

Labels: