Czeched!

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Just ranting

In one of my previous posts I wrote that it takes several Murphy's law incidents to get me really annoyed. Most of the time I just laugh everything off. When I'm annoyed, it's because something or someone is really pushing it too far.

"Why don't you have a baby now? You're not getting any younger. The clock is ticking. Is there a problem? When you're past 35, better not have one..."

These are just some lines or questions that have been irritating me like a wart on a skin. I absolutely don't mind those well-meaning friends who probably think I'm not doing the world a favor by not producing an offspring now, but virtual strangers who fire me those lines just for what, for the sake of conversation or just for the heck of making unsolicited advices, are another story.

I don't owe them an explanation but if that's what it takes to shut their mouths up, I'll give them some.

A baby isn't the be-all and end-all for me. It's my relationship with my husband that is first in line. If a baby happens along the way, I would be happy and would consider it as another blessing that came our way.

We want to enjoy as a couple first before plunging ourselves into a long-term responsibility. We want us to travel and explore the world , be silly together, and when we've had enough of that, be serious in raising a family together. I've heard enough whining from friends, who right away had babies, to last me a lifetime. I don't believe in that crap that someone can complete you-- even a baby, especially a baby. You have to be complete first before you have one. That way you can give your all without expecting something back. So age notwithstanding, I'd rather be silly and be free for now, not break free from it all later.

Lastly, I believe when something is for you, it happens to you. Everything great that happened in my life was something I didn't look for. It was just handed to me when I was ready to take it and take care of it the best way I can.

Labels: