Czeched!

Monday, February 18, 2008

Tea for me

Paranoia is my middle name when it comes to popping pills. You cannot make me take one unless I'm almost unconcious from pain or practically moving in the bathroom or, well, you get the point. I don't know, I just don't trust these little white objects that promise instant relief. You can't really tell what they contain. I feel like each time I pop them in my mouth, I kill some cells in my brain and I'd be brain dead soon.

I turn to tea to ease discomfort or to shoo the pain out of the door. At least I know they are just leaves and no other twenty thousand chemicals mixed in them. These three kinds of tea in the picture above have a special place in our cupboard as I use them often:

1. "Medovkova"- or Melissa herbal tea. There was a time last year when I suffered from insomnia. I was sleeping only two hours a day for two weeks straight. My boss told me to drink this tea three times a day and voila- insomnia was history! I still drink it when I have trouble sleeping and it always works.

2. "Heřmankový" or Camomile. This is good to settle any upset stomach or to ease menstrual pain. If you suffer from dysmenorrhea, (I can't believe I spelled this out right without checking Ms. Webster first haha) this is the tea for you.

3. "Migrenan"- It's obvious it means migraine. For me, migraine is the flag bearer of discomfort department. I have it too often especially before or after my period. This tea is a concoction of several herbs that include melissa and even dried nettle. I drank this during the weekend because I had a nasty migraine again. After several mugs, I felt better.

So there. Take tea if you're paranoid about pills like me.