Czeched!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Almost three years

On Saturday, the 8th of March, it will be my third year here in CZ. Time went by so fast. I still remember how cold it was when I got here, how homesick I was, how I longed for sunny PI and its yummy food. After three years the longing is less frequent. I can finally say I've adjusted here so well.

March 8 is also International Women's Day. They celebrate it here though it's not a national holiday. Women usually receive flowers, chocolates or something to let them know they are appreciated. We thought of celebrating my third year anniversary in CZ and the Int'l Women's Day in Budapest. We were all set but then we unexpectedly bought an expensive, brand-new toy last Friday. I'm suddenly dizzy from spending hard-earned cash. I guess Budapest has to wait.

They say home is where the heart is. PI is a place I will always, always heart and yet Prague has also managed to win my heart.