Czeched!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Moonriver and me

One afternoon I came home from work with no gameplan in mind. Usually I would be running crazy with list of things to do. From watering the plants to cooking dinner, my hyper self would always find something to do. Not this time though. I found myself staring at the ceiling until I got bored with its whiteness.

So I hit the keys and surfed away.

YouTube is one of my faves these days. It's like a manna from heaven. With just one click I can find the music I'd like to hear that goes with my current mood.

I was in the mood for Sarah Mclachlan. Her "Surfacing" album is simply timeless. When I searched for "Last Dance," it led me to a video of a guy (or a kid?) playing it on piano. He did it so well that for the first time ever I left a comment on Youtube.

His profile says he's up for requests so I wrote " how about Moonriver on piano or violin?" His reply came just a few days later:




FYI, "Hlodavecvodni" means water rodent. I don't know what YouTube was thinking or why it felt free to give me this awful nick.

Anyway, me and Moonriver go a long way back. It's been a favorite since time immemorial. At least that afternoon didn't go to waste. Moonriver got played for me when I least expected it. Ha!

Labels: