Czeched!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Mysterious neighbor/s

We've moved into our new flat more than a year ago and I still haven't had the honor to see our neighbor/s' face, not even his/her/their/its shadow. At first I thought this particular unit was empty. I didn't even give it a single thought, but lately it started to become a mystery. I mean yeah, it's normal not to know your neighbors here. We didn't know them in our previous flat even when we lived there for two years. I wouldn't find it queer not seeing our new neighbors now if only; (a) the blinds weren't always down and (b) the lights weren't on every night.

With the lights on every night only means someone must be living there, but why are the blinds always down, as in day in, day out down? Even now when our laptop says 3:05 pm CET, his/her/their/ its blinds are strangely down.

Agoraphobic? Nah, that only means someone who's afraid to leave the house, and not someone who seems to be extremely afraid of daylight.

Calling Buffy. Maybe she has a job to do here?

Or maybe our neighbor is just another Boo Radley and I'm acting like another Scout Finch. With that said, I might as well take it, this whole thing about blinds and lights, as it is and mind my own business.