Czeched!

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Preschool LP: Painting with cars



Topic: Transportation / Colors

I already posted this on my sidebar a few months ago. The downside of a sidebar is that when you change the texts you can't retrieve them so I'm posting this here to save me from juggling my memory later.

One thing I notice is kids love to play with toy cars, boys and girls alike. As for painting, some of them like it but some also get disgusted with the mere sight of paints since they don't want to have these sticky stuff messing with their already dirty fingers. Having them paint with cars instead of the usual brushes entices them to join this activity.

My co-teacher did this activity with the kids so I don't know if this was her original idea or if she got it somewhere. Anywho, you need toy cars, a big sheet of white or brown paper, and paints for this. If you use this for transport topic, you may explain to the kids first that cars leave tracks when the ground is wet, muddy or when there's snow on it. Then have them dip the wheels on the paint and make their own tracks on the paper. If you do this for theme to recognize colors, you may ask them to dip the cars on a particular color at a time.

Happy tracking!


Labels: