Czeched!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Fruit and nut bars

I think my baking is getting popular among my kids' parents, hehe. Wednesday afternoons are cooking time for me and my kids at school. I have to say cooking is their most favorite activity. All playing, yelling and even bullying with each other will cease whenever they hear the most revered line-- "Cooking time! Go wash your hands with soap, kids."

Today another Mom asked me for the recipe of these fruit and nut bars that I baked with them last week. The same Mom was raving about my experimental (because I didn't even measure the ingredients it took me sometime to write down the recipe for her) banana muffins and how happy she was to bake them with her kids at home. Sometimes feedbacks like this gets me high. As in feeling pud ba, hahaha....

With these fruit and nut bars, the credit goes to the baker behind this website. I came across her blog when I was searching for Christmas cookies to bake last month. I tweaked the recipe a bit by substituting the dates with dried plums and raisins. I got a huge pack of dried fruits from one of the parents for Christmas so they came in handy when I decided to try to bake it. I also used two eggs instead of one because I found the mixture kinda dry. I guess it was because the eggs I had were quite small. Anywho, aside from a lot of chopping and slicing, this recipe is so easy to follow. What's more, it's so healthy you wont feel any bit guilty for eating quite a lot of it. Enjoy!


Labels: