Czeched!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

St. Vitus Cathedral

I was browsing our picture files when I saw these photos of St. Vitus Cathedral I took in August. A, the parents in law and I went to Mala Strana for a stroll one hot Saturday afternoon. It was my first time to be inside and I was awed by its magnificence.

These stained glass windows caught my eyes the moment we entered the Cathedral.

St. Vitus Cathedral is the seat of the Archbishop of Prague and the place where saints, kings, princes and emperors of Bohemia are buried. The coronations of the kings of Bohemia were held there until 1836. It’s one of the best examples of Gothic architecture.

To get there, take Metro line A to Malostranska and walk your way up to the Prague Castle. (This cathedral is a dominant part of the Prague Castle complex.) There is no entrance fee. Opening hours are:

Monday- Saturday (November-February) - 9:00- 16:00
Sunday - 12:00 - 16:00

Monday- Saturday (March-October) - 9:00- 17:00
Sunday - 12:00- 17: 00

Labels: