Czeched!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lesson learned

Are you a shopper who can't wait to get out of the store? I am. I don't even bother getting my receipt sometimes much less bother looking at it. I always dash off from the counter and out of the store in record time.

The other week I was mechanically shoving my groceries in a plastic bag when I glanced at the screen. Waitaminute, how come there were two boxes of fiber crackers listed when I only had one? And three cans of spicy sardines? I only had two! I groped for words in Czech and told the lady of her mistakes. She had to call somebody to help her delete those items.

On the bus on my way home, there was this nagging feeling that I was still a bit ripped off. I scanned the receipt and there it was-- "Norsky salat" for 25kč. I have no idea what it was and it certainly was not in my bag. Too late for me to complain, but for sure there wont be a next time for this. Now I monitor the screen like a hawk because hmmm, you'll never know.

Labels: