Czeched!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sunscreen

There are so many names for it; sunblock, sun cream, sunscreen-- your choice. It's my must-have in summer. I just can't do without my Bioderma SPF 50.

There's also another sunscreen that I really really like. It's this:



I'm sure you know that Baz Luhrmann is the voice behind this, but do you know the pen behind it? According to Wiki, it was Mary Schmich, a columnist of The Chicago Tribune, who wrote it in her column. In 1998 she published her column as a book titled "Wear Sunscreen." A year later she gave permission to Baz Luhrmann to release this as a song in which it is read word for word.

I wish I could write like that. Dream on. :)

I like this part best:

"Don't waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long and in the end, it is only with yourself." Amen!

Click here for the complete lyrics. It's worth reading. Trust me on the sunscreen.



Note: Thanks to maximoox for the vid.

Labels: