Czeched!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Choco-Chip Cookies


Cooking or baking is one thing the kids really love doing. It's also a great learning experience for them. Lots of discoveries take place during cooking activities. They learn about math when they measure something or science when they see a dough rise. They also develop small motor skills by peeling, mixing or any other actions required in cooking.

I have to say again that I've never baked anything in my life until I came to Prague. The first few times we baked bread and cookies at school I was like one of the kids, amazed at how an unassuming flour can turn into such a delectable snack. I was one of the pupils. I still am but one that is gaining confidence in the subject.

Today my co-teacher and I baked choco-chip cookies with the kids. This is such an easy recipe, given by another co-teacher. A no-sweat one like this is what I like best.

CHOCO-CHIP COOKIES

Preheat oven at 200 C.

1. Cream: 125 g butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
1 cup crystal sugar

2. Add: 2 whisked eggs. Mix. (the orig recipe only had 1 egg but the dough was crumbly)

3. Add: 2 cups of very fine flour
1/2 sachet baking powder (or a spoon)
1 cup coconut (shredded)

4. Mix.

5. Add: 250 g. choco chips. Mix.

6. Roll into small balls. Gently press and place on a baking paper covered tray.

7. Bake for approximately 15 mins or until they begin to brown.

8. Cool for 10 mins.

Dobrou Chut!

Labels: ,